Argos home burns

ARGOS — A fire ripped through a residence on Michigan Street in Argos Tuesday night.
Neighbors of Cynthia Salyers alerted her and her family to the fire in their home before Argos firemen were called to the scene about 8:16 p.m.
“The family was watching TV, and the neighbors alerted them to the fire,” said Argos Fire Chief Mark Dean. “It was in the attic and they had about 12 inches of insulation in there. They had no idea there was a fire.”
Dean said that the fire was mostly confined to the ceiling and the attic of the home.
He said that the fire was electrical in nature and likely started in the kitchen ceiling.
He said the home would likely be deemed a total loss due to the damage to the ceiling and roof but that it was likely many of the family's personal belongings could be salvaged.
No one was injured in the fire.