SATURDAY, SEPT. 15
• There will be a blood drive at the Plymouth Farmers' Market from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. All donors will have their name entered in a drawing for a $100 gift card. Walk-ins welcome or call Laura Mann at 574-936-6717 for an appointment.
• The Warsaw Astronomical Society will be conducting a public observing night hosted by Potawatomi Wildlife Park one hour after dark. Observing is pending clear skies. Call ahead if partly cloudy. Questions may be directed to the Potawatomi Wildlife Park director at 574-498-6550 or park@GetIntoNature.com .
• Eric and Kim Waggoner will be presenting a get-out-of-debt seminar from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bourbon Public Library. Simple strategies that can be used now to pay down debt and alleviate stress without having to make more money will be discussed. This session is free but you must RSVP at 574-858-2893.
• Spindle Spin with artist Peggy Coffey will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the weaving studio of MoonTree Gallery, 9601 Union Road, Donaldson. For information on any MoonTree event, visit www.moontreestudios.org  or phone 574-935-1712.
• The Plymouth Moose will hold a AUCE breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m. Guests are welcome. For more information, contact Tom Williams, 574-936-3530.
• The 37th annual Trail of Courage Living History Festival will be held at Fulton County Historical Society grounds 4 miles north of Rochester on U.S. 31 and Tippecanoe River, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission $6 adults, $2 children 6 to 11, free for children age 5 and under. Contact Fulton County Museum at 574-223-4436 or firstname.lastname@example.org . See www.fultoncountyhistory.org .
• Immanuel Lutheran Church will be holding a fundraiser from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. or until sold out, in the west side corner of the Kmart parking lot in Plymouth. They will be selling half chickens and half slabs of pork ribs (St. Louis style — cooked with a dry rub only) for $7. Each meat choice comes with potato salad, a roll, and butter. Pre-sale is available with pickup until noon. Contact the church at 574-936-8365 with name, quantity, and preference of meat. Bake sale desserts will also be available. The fundraiser will benefit the Neighborhood Center's Thanksgiving and Christmas food basket program.
• The Triton Junior Miss/Distinguished Young Woman program is at 7 p.m. at the Triton Jr./Sr. High School auditorium. Kevin Boyer will return as host for the night, and seven contestants will be competing for the title. Tickets for the show are being pre-sold by contestants, and will be available at the door prior to the show for $6 per person. Children five and under are free. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 16
• Earthworks will hold its annual fall fundraising event – a wine and cheese tasting – on the lakeside lawn at Earthworks, 9815 Union Road, Plymouth, from 3 to 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, or $25 on the day of the event. For more information, go to earthworksonline.org, or call 574-935-4164.
• The Marshall County Melody Makers will be entertaining at the Jacoby Church at 3 p.m. Jacoby Church is located 1 mile north of U.S. 30 on King Road. The acoustics in the building are fantastic.
The public is invited to attend.
• The 37th annual Trail of Courage Living History Festival will be held at Fulton County Historical Society grounds 4 miles north of Rochester on U.S. 31 and Tippecanoe River, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission $6 adults, $2 children 6 to 11, free for children age 5 and under. Contact Fulton County Museum at 574-223-4436 or email@example.com . See www.fultoncountyhistory.org .
• The Community Presbyterian Church, 530 Jefferson St., Rochester is hosting the praise band “Back Pew” at 4 p.m. as part of their Celebrating the Arts Series. This group of four from Frankfort includes electric and acoustic guitars, drums, keyboard and vocals. Refreshments will be served following the program and donations are accepted.
• Hospice of the Calumet Area is hosting the Hospice Hustle, a cycling event that offers to casual and serious riders 25-mile and 62-mile routes through the rolling terrain of southern Lake County. The event starts at 7 a.m. CDT at the Lake County Fairgrounds. For more information visit www.hospicecalumet.org .