Skip to main content

Woman shoots self in Martin's parking lot

June 15, 2012

PLYMOUTH — An unidentified woman shot herself this morning in the parking lot of the Plymouth Martin's Supermarket.
Mike Smith was leaving the store around 9:30 a.m. when he noticed what looked like a woman sleeping in her car. He then noticed that she had a gun propped between her legs pointing at herself. Smith approached another shopper in the parking lot, Jamie Paxton, and asked him to call 911 because he believed the woman had shot herself.
"(Smith) walked up and asked if anyone had a phone," said Paxton, who was shopping with his wife and two young sons. "Before he finished talking I jumped out of my car and went over (to the woman's vehicle). I checked for a pulse but her throat was already tight and swollen...I think she might have (shot herself) earlier this morning, before the store opened."
Paxton said that the woman appeared to be in her mid-40s. He called 911, and said that Plymouth Police officers were on the scene within two minutes.
Plymouth Police Chief Jim Cox said that beyond the vehicle's New York license plate and the woman's driver's license, they had no other information about the woman or clues as to how to contact her family. He also said that they could not tell at what time the woman had actually shot herself.
Marshall County Coroner Bill Cleavenger was called and further information will be released as it is available.

Comments

Kat Nichols

August 6, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 6 weeks ago
Comment: 14237

Kat was a wonderful woman...warm, friendly, loving, hard working, a talented creative designer and illustrator. We worked together on projects on and off for Kodak and other companies from time to time and no matter how tight the deadline or difficult it was to acocmplish with her family responsibilities, she would make you laugh within 5 minutes of the beginning of the meeting and produce what was needed in amazing time, even if it meant staying up 1/2 the night after the children were asleep to have the electronic copy of the deliverable ready for pick up at her door by 6am the next day.
She loved, forgave, cared for children who had no one else, accepted people for who they were and where they were in their ife's journey, was a devout church goer, and believer in God.
He life was a blessing to all who met or knew her.
May you rest in eternal peace my friend, and may that peace be with your family as well.
Roseann Jackura

My New Friend

June 18, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14120

Kat, Rose & Amy,
I know we are newly becoming friends, but the last year has been one of amazment. Kat, idk why you did what you did, but you must have been hurting so BAD, that there was just no comforting you. I will miss you, I will miss getting to know more of you. But I will NEVER forget you. You were put in my path for a reason, season and time. I am planting the Dogwood tree (we were suppost to do together) in your loving memory. Rest in deep PEACE my friend.

martins

June 18, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14119

What a terrible thing for this women to have felt like this was the answer to her problems. I feel so bad for her family and what they are going through. No one knows what goes through a persons mind to do this. I do know first hand that it really affects the whole family when something like this happens. My thoughts are with her family. RIP Kathleen

we love you mom

June 16, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14117

i love u so much mom!!!!! i wish that i could have made all of your pain and suffering go away. u r the best and thamk you for everything u ever and always did for us u r irreplacable n we will always carry u with us. may you rest in peace and be at peace with yourself.

I was the one who found your

June 24, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 12 weeks ago
Comment: 14127

I was the one who found your mom and i am so so sorry for your loss,my prayers are with you and your family

And I wouldn't switch mothers

June 16, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14116

And I wouldn't switch mothers ever in life even given the circumstances

Her name was kathleen Nichols

June 16, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14115

Her name was kathleen Nichols and she was an amazing woman. As her son I'm proud her have called her my mother. She was an honest woman and Idk how it came to this,

I worked with your mother on many occasions

June 19, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14123

she was a wonderful and happy woman I am def. shocked by this ...my prayers go out to you and your family

Im so sorry fo your loss.

June 19, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14122

Im so sorry fo your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

May the wonderful memories

June 18, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 13 weeks ago
Comment: 14121

May the wonderful memories that you have of your Mother, help to sutain you during this time. She sounds like a lovely woman.

S M T W T F S

Add to calendar
Football Brebeuf beats CMA Brebeuf’s LaVante Bellamy set a new school rushing record with 376 yards...
High school football finals scores: John Glenn, 46- Triton 12 Bremen, 30- Culver Community, 20...
BREMEN — Bremen evened its NSC record at 3-3 with a 4-1 home victory over Triton in boys tennis on...

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes