Winter Day at the zoo, plus more weekend events
Potawatomi Zoo, South Bend is hosting Winter Day from 12 to 3 p.m. Saturday. The indoor Learning Center will be open and train rides are $2 per person (weather permitting). Admission is $5 per person, 2 and under are free and admission for Potawatomi Zoological Society members is free.
Other weekend events:
FRIDAY, JAN. 13
• The Plymouth Moose will host a buffet dinner — spaghetti and meat balls, ham and scalloped potatoes – from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Guests are welcome. Please contact Tom Williams at 574-936-3530 for more information.
SATURDAY, JAN. 14
• Family movie time at the Plymouth Public Library is at 1 p.m. in the Laramore A meeting room. For more information check the library website, www.plymouth.lib.in.us, or call the Plymouth Public Library at 574-936-2324 and press 2 for the Children's Room.
• The Arts Council of Marshall County January meeting is at 10 a.m. at the Heartland Artists at 103 W. LaPorte in downtown Plymouth. All are invited. For more information please call Jerry Nikitas 574-780-4089.
• A hog roast benefit for Rob Reinhold and family is from 2 to 6 p.m. at Mystic Hills Golf Course. Cost is $20 and includes dinner, music, one drink, and entry into a raffle. A silent auction will be held during the event. Tickets will be sold at Culver Coffee Company, Michelle’s Headquarters, and Brockey Insurance. Please make checks payable to “Wesley United Methodist/Reinhold Benefit.” If you would like to help or make a donation, please contact Dawn and Larry Brockey at 219-670-5584 or 574-933-1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Local singer Dewayne Potter will play your favorite country and gospel tunes at 2 p.m. at Miller's Senior Living Community. Join him in the main lobby for this free event.
• Beginning Watercolor class will be held at Heartland Artists Gallery, 103 W. LaPorte St, Plymouth from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cost is $35, and supplies will be provided. The teacher is Kerri Bash. Call to register, 936-1123.
SUNDAY, JAN. 15
• The Community Presbyterian Church of Rochester is hosting Music from the Soul at 4 p.m. in the church, which is located at 6th and Jefferson. The concert program will consist of inspirational music composed by Donita Merely and sung by lyric baritone Vic Keifer. Please bring nonperishable food items for the United Ministries pantry as your donation to the concert. Refreshments will be served following the concert.