What to do this weekend in Marshall County
FRIDAY, JAN. 20
• The Plymouth Moose will host a buffet dinner — Swiss steak, baked chicken — from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Melvin Mullins will provide country music and old favorites. Guests are welcome. Please contact Tom Williams at 574-936-3530 for more information.
• The third Friday jams are starting again at 7 p.m. in the Akron Community Center located east of Akron and north on S.R. 14. Bring a snack to share and your acoustic instrument, if you want to sit-in with the group or just come to listen to the sounds of bluegrass, country and gospel. Coffee and juice will be provided. For more information call Karen at 574-598-2875.
SATURDAY, JAN. 21
• 'A Night in Italy' fundraiser for St. Michael School will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. at St. Michael School gymnasium. Authentic Italian cuisine will be served. An auction, cash bar, and activities for the kids will be available. Ticket price is two adults for $25 and one adult for $15, and $6 for children 5 to 12. Tickets are sold in advance at the school office or by contacting Lynndi Rader at 574-952-3606. Tickets are also available at the door.
• Family movie time at the Plymouth Public Library is at 1 p.m. in the Laramore A meeting room. For more information check the library website, www.plymouth.lib.in.us, or call the Plymouth Public Library at 574-936-2324 and press 2 for the Children's Room.
• Youth Oil Painting class will be held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Heartland Artists Gallery, 103 W. LaPorte St., Plymouth. The teacher is Pike Evans. Cost is $20 and supplies will be provided.
• Plymouth VFW Post 1162 will be having a pancake and sausage breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Cost is $5 and includes milk, juice, and coffee.
• The Knights of Columbus Council #9540 will host a free throw championship for boys and girls ages 10 to 14 at the Bremen Middle School gym. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude at 9 a.m. Contact Greg Taylor at 574-209-5149 for more information.
• Gordon Nelson will be honored as a 50 year past master at Plymouth Kilwinning Lodge #149 on Water St. at 11 a.m. This event is open to the public. Contact Dennis Wenzel with questions, 574-936-9627.
SUNDAY, JAN. 22
• Center Township 4-H online enrollment party will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. at Menominee Elementary School. A parent or guardian must attend with the 4-Her in order to sign the form electronically. There is a $15 per member fee this year with a maximum of $45 per family. This fee must be paid in order to be enrolled in 4-H. There is no fee for Mini 4-H. There will be games and ice cream will be served after you sign up. This enrollment is open to anyone in grades 1 and 2 (Mini 4-H) and grades 3 to 12 (regular 4-H). If there is inclement weather that day, it will be held Sunday, Jan. 29. If you have any questions, please call Melissa at 574-936-3604/574-286-5622 or Carrie at 574-936-6917/574-286-854.
• Sunday Brunch Buffet is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Miller's Senior Living Community. Includes omelets and waffles to order. Cost for adults is $12; ages 4 to 10, $6; and age 3 and under, free. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance by calling 574-936-9801; ask for Anna Corbett or Cindy Flagg.