Weather continues to play havoc with area events; a look at some reschedulings
Rain, rain, go away.
Persistent precipitation and cold weather have forced cancellations and postponements to area athletic events throughout the week, and the wet conditions continued to play havoc with area schedules Thursday night.
While most rain-outs have yet to be rescheduled, here’s a look at a few events that have, weather permitting.
• The three-way track meet between Bremen, John Glenn and LaVille at LaVille scheduled for Thursday night has been postponed to Monday.
• Bremen’s softball game at Mishawaka, originally scheduled for Wednesday, has been rescheduled for today.
• With Thursday’s rain-out, the Plymouth vs. Triton baseball game has been rescheduled to May 7 at 4:30 p.m. at Bill Nixon Field.
• Plymouth’s baseball game at Bremen, originally slated for Wednesday, has been rescheduled for tonight. The Pilgrims found themselves with an opening on their dance card when their game with South Bend Washington, planned to take place at Coveleski Stadium tonight, was cancelled. Plymouth will now play Washington at Bill Nixon Field Saturday at 4 p.m.
• The Bremen-Plymouth girls tennis match at DeSantis Courts in Bremen has been pushed back from Thursday night to tonight.
• Thursday’s Northern State Conference girls tennis match-up between Triton and John Glenn has been postponed to April 23.
For those events that have been rescheduled for tonight, the caveat is that there’s a 30 percent chance of rain according to The Weather Channel’s AccuWeather forecast, which means there is a possibility of further postponements/ cancellations.