Skip to main content

Wagoner's wolf-hybrid put down, per order from health department

March 7, 2012

Todd Wagoner

PLYMOUTH — Shyrtke, Todd Wagoner's wolf-hybrid was reportedly euthanized today, per order of health department regulations. The animal has been in the care of the Marshall County Humane Society since his owner, Wagoner, was placed in jail for a warrant through Marshall County stemming from a dog bite Feb. 27. Wagoner was booked for harboring a non-immunized dog and cruelty to an animal with a prior charge. Wagoner’s bond was set at $2,000 and he was scheduled to appear in Marshall Superior Court II yesterday. There is no word on that court hearing as of yet.

Comments

Todd

April 4, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 16 weeks ago
Comment: 13990

I went to school with Todd and would have graduated with him if he had not moved to Bremen. He could be quite cruel to people including myself on numerous occasions. He once told me I reminded him of a "retarded camel" when we were in 9th grade.

In spite of that i feel nothing but sadness for him because it is obvious he has an untreated mental illness and probably has been enabled by family members because of it.

He simply is not capable of owning an animal. Anyone considering giving him another animal please don't. He was warned repeatedly to not leave his dog unattended and received numeorous chances

Todd

March 13, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 19 weeks ago
Comment: 13961

what an all around tragedy especially for that innocent animal. And for Todd, the last link to sanity has been forever removed.

Such a sad thing...

March 26, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 17 weeks ago
Comment: 13972

I am one of the people who were directly involved in getting Shyrtkee to Todd and have remained in contact with him in the years following. We have covered vet care, food etc for them. I know many people are quick to jump on the bandwagon of crucifying those of us who helped him get this animal... but I can tell you that at the time I spoke with the vet who had cared for Kooshtaka.. his dog that has passed away and the vet said he would continue to care for any animal Todd had and he said to me "While I know this is not conventional to get this man another dog... I believe that what you are doing will save Todd's life" Which is a lot of why we moved forward with it. He went on to tell me that Kooshtake was his link to reality and he didn't think Todd would make it without his companion. I am deeply saddned by the loss of Shyrtkee and at this point I am devasted that Todd may be lost now too.

Shyrtkee

April 2, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 16 weeks ago
Comment: 13986

Agreed!

todd

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13952

i am in disamy to read the comments from my hometown people about todd. class of 83........we all knew him, and like myself, called him a friend. yes todd has made some choices, but i do not think it is for us to criticize. we are all on this planet for a mere blink of an eye in the big scheme of things and perhaps he realized this and is justing marking time until his final conclusion. do not judge lest ye be judged. as for the 'dog man' comments, maybe you should reach out to understand on his terms rather than on your own. just a comment, not a judgement.

wagoner's dog put down

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13945

I agree 100% with the above comment. do NOT give him another dog. The person who gave him the dog at the time probably thought they were doing him a favor. His 1st dog was friendly and Todd took better care of it. But since that time Todd has gone downhill faster mentally. He does not treat it right. My heart goes out not to Todd, he's made his choice but to the poor dog who protected Todd even though Todd abused him. I can not fault the dog for that and the dog didn't know anything else. I hurt the dog never knew real love and companionship that comes from a owner/dog relationship. Poor dog. I wish he had a better life.

Todd's dog

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13944

Please, please, do not give this man another animal to abuse. I have seen him hit this animal on several occasions. Whoever it was that gave him this beautiful animal when his last dog died, please do NOT give him another animal to abuse. If he wants to be homeless, that's his right, but the animal has no choice.

Blind Citizens

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13951

If You saw this person hit this dog "on several occasions', why di you not call the Police, & Animal Control??? Are people actually this afraid of getting involved? One call could have made a difference. It's a little late now to voice your opinion!

Todd

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13950

He is just a drunk, And wants to live on the streets, I think he needs to be ran out of town, I dont think people want to even look at him any more, I dont.

I remember seeing "Dog Man"

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13949

I remember seeing "Dog Man" when I first moved to Plymouth more then 12 yrs ago. Always wondered what the legend was behind him. I recall him being much cleaner and lived in a storage unit at one time. When he was ordered to vacate and later lost his dog, I did notice as many might have, Todd's whole image started to change.

Rude to people. Rather scary looking, like a bum begging on lower Wacker Drive back in Chicago. Often you seen him holding up a tattered sign. I will say it is sad to see a mentally ill man such as Todd so lost and defiant for help. Maybe he refuses help for personal reasons or his illness has a tight grip on him.

I have often ask others if they know Todd or anything about him. What I have learned is that he was a pretty good athlete when younger. He supposedly broke down after a terrible accident of a friend. But then I also heard he was a bit strange before that.

I also heard his parents have tried to help him but he is not allowed to come around their home due to possible negative behaviors.

Whatever the case may be, I know our community has tried to reach out to him and on the other hand, tried to chase him away. I do think he loves animals but his mind is in a constant battle and making the choices we feel are right might not be what Todd sees.

As for "Dog Man", I do hope one day he is able to seek help and for all of us here to understand mental illness effects us all. We are surrounded by it on a daily basis. Some folks hide it, others treat it, and others live homeless and never seek help. But accepting our own mental illness makes it easier to understand Todd's strange and sad life.

I'll be watching & You watch also!!

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13947

If I ever see this idiot w/ another dog, I will be on him so fast, & the Plymouth Police! This dog should have been removed from him right away. Common sense should tell one that he could not take care of this animal properly. This was NOT the dogs fault. I would have gladly taken this animal. Shame on the blind citizens of Plymouth!

I'll be watching you

March 9, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13954

I see the passion and anger you are venting at this man. If you are proud of what you say, why are you anonymous?

Ordinances need to installed!

March 8, 2012 by Anonymous, 2 years 20 weeks ago
Comment: 13953

I have spent the last 15 years rescueing abused, homeless animals, & nothing irritates me more than a irresponsible pet owner. Todd didn't have the knowledge to instill proper care of this dog, but pet owners, weather in the city or county should be forced to vaccinate any dogs they own. This tragedy should set an example. Many years I have lived near someone who can not only care for their dogs properly, these animals have never seen the inside of a vet's office. Many people want to own pets, but vaccinating them is not their priority. The Representatives of this County have no idea of the neglect that continues daily w/ poor pet owners, they do not live around it, therefore it is not important to them. When is it going to become a law in not only the city, but in the county to vaccinate ones animals? Pleaes do not tell me it is a law now, no one is bothering to enforce it if it is. One dinner out can cover the cost of a rabie shot. How sad people aren't willing to sacrifice a good time to prevent a tragedy like this one. Not only am I looking into my Reprentative & all he stands for & commits to, I will be holding him to it on election day! This was not this dogs fault, this was everyone's fault.

S M T W T F S

Add to calendar
PLYMOUTH – Plymouth Post 27’s appearance in the regional was short-lived. On Thursday, Bristol...
PLYMOUTH — It’s a theme that’s become all too familiar for Plymouth Post 27. The Diamond Spyders’...
PLYMOUTH — Due to the early holiday deadline, Plymouth Post 27’s Patriot Tournament opener with...

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes