Starke County Police reports
HAMLET — Hamlet Police Department officers recovered a stolen vehicle after a traffic stop the night of March 17, taking two suspects to the Starke County Jail.
While on routine patrol, officers spotted a vehicle matching the description of a truck that was stolen in the Knox area the previous week. Officers ran the plate through the Starke County Sheriff’s Department and it was confirmed as the stolen vehicle. Adam Makowski was arrested and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and possession of marijuana.
Steven Sandoval also was arrested and charged with theft, receiving stolen property and false informing.
• North Judson Police responded to the Bank of Indiana on Saturday, March 19, in regards to counterfeit United States currency. Police investigated the incident and took possession of the counterfeit bills. An investigation continues and any charges are pending. The Secret Service was notified of the incident.
• On March 13, Kyle Nissen reported the theft of trailer axles in the 500 block of S. 275 W. in North Judson.
• On March 10, James Demis reported someone attempted to steal gas from his vehicle at 111 S. Jefferson St., in Hamlet.
• On March 11, Richard Main, 504 N. Starke St., Lot 59, Hamlet, reported that his vehicle was vandalized overnight.
• On March 11, An employee of A.L. Olson Real Estate reported that an air conditioning unit was stolen from a house that is up for foreclosure.
• On March 9, Knox City Police investigated a report of drug paraphernalia found in a room at the Astoria Motel.
• On March 13, Jose Gorge of Knox told police that a black and white dog was chasing the chickens in his chicken house and the dog killed one of them. Gorge told police he is missing about 11 chickens and believes the dog has killed all of them.
• On March 13, Knox Police were called to Wythogan Park where two women reported being harassed by a man in a red truck. The suspect reportedly approached the women demanding money.
• On March 11, Brad Lovely reported his 1997 S10 pickup stolen from 53 W. Lake St., Knox. Police have a suspect in this case.
• On March 13, The Washington Township Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 8700 block of East 25 North.
• Colton Romenzak, 21, Knox, by SCSD on March 13: Domestic battery, criminal mischief. Contempt of Court charge added by Knox City Court.
• Frank Solberg, 41, no address given, by SCSD on March 13: Violation of a protective order, invasion of privacy.
• Jerry Sanchez, 40, South Bend, by SCSD on March 13: Conversion.
• Craig Coad, 29, of Monterey, by SCSD on March 12: Driving while suspended prior.
• Omas E. Fletcher, 45, 2070 N. Garba Drive, Grovertown, by NJPD on March 14: Driving while suspended prior, possession of methamphetamine.
• Bryan S. Dollalan, 36, 302 Jones St., North Judson, by NJPD on March 15: Public intoxication, false informing.
• John P. Trent, 43, 302 Jones St. North Judson, by NJPD on March 15: Battery, Class A felony.
• Shanna M. Risner, 32, 0655 E. 500 S., North Judson, by NJPD on March 18: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
North Judson Police
03-19-11 - The North Judson Police responded to the Bank of Indiana in regards to counterfeit United States currency. Police investigated the incident and took possession of the counterfeit bills. An investigation continues and any charges are pending. The Secret Service was notified of the incident.
03/14/11 - Omas E. Fletcher, 45, 2070 N Garba Dr., Grovertown, arrested for D.W.S. Prior and Possession of Methamphetamine. NJPD
03/14/11 - Nicole D. Moss, 38, 504 N. Starke St. ,Hamlet , arrested for a Body Attachment Warrant. NJPD
03/15/11 - Bryan S. Dollalan, 36, 302 Jones Street, North Judson arrested for Public Intoxication and False Informing. NJPD
03/15/11 - John P. Trent, 43, 302 Jones St. North Judson, arrested for Battery Class A, NJPD
03/18/11 - Shanna M. Risner, 32, 0655 E. 500 South, North Judson arrested for O.V.W.I., NJPD