Rate hike expected; hearing Oct. 12
ETNA GREEN — Eric Walsh and Matt Sowers, Umbaugh and Associates, Plymouth noted a two percent increase on the electronic rates for Etna Green beginning January 1, 2011 and again for January 1, 2012. An average usage resident would see about a $2.22 increase. A six percent increase for the water rate will start January 1, 2011 and January 1, 2012 would also be about an increase of $2.
The eight percent sewer rate increase for January 1, 2011 and January 1, 2012 would show an increase of $5. The public hearing on the rate increase will be held Oct. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Heritage Park building.
Walsh noted the rate increase adjustments will be revisited in 2013.
Also addressed during the Sept. 14 meeting were:
• The Etna Green Town Council held its budget hearing hearing Aug. 24, and the budget was adopted at the Sept. 14 town council meeting.
• The council was informed of an emergency disaster meeting that is to be held this month.
• A resident asked about patrol in the the town since vandalism has been happening at various places recently.
• Councilman Jim Robbins reported that work on the town buildings is progressing with hopes of some projects being completed within a few days.
• Councilman Keith Claassen was absent from the meeting.
• A resident asked about watering flowers and etc. going on the bill. It was noted that the town had a separate meter that can be purchased by the resident and can be installed to keep track of this usage that has been in place for quite some time.
Residents are welcome to be in attendance at the next council meeting at 7 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Heritage Park building.