National Nursing Home Week celebrated
PLYMOUTH — Local nursing homes are offering special activities this week in honor of National Nursing Home Week, an annual observance sponsored by the American Health Care Association of Washington, D.C. and the Indiana Health Care Association.
“Our residents are the people who have nurtured our community helping it flourish and grow,” said activities director of Miller’s Merry Manor in Plymouth April Cooper. “This special week gives us an opportunity to celebrate them and their journey.”
Miller’s Merry Manor activities this week (for Plymouth) include:
• Tuesday — Celebrating 70s Day with Harmonica Man Samuel Lozada, 2:15 p.m.
• Wednesday — Mayor Mark Senter presents the National Nursing Home proclamation, 10 a.m. Special music performed by country entertainers Jerry Vernon & Beverly, 2:15 p.m.
• Thursday — Remembering the 50s with root beer floats and a 50s staff dress-up contest
• Friday — Showing patriotism on Red Friday with music entertainer Brian Butler, 2:15 p.m.
Miller’s Merry Manor activities this week (for Walkterton):
• Tuesday — Kathy Leek serenades with her dulcimer and guitar, 12 p.m. 20s and 30s piano music with Pat Seese, 2 p.m.
• Wednesday — Mary Bunch on the accordion, 2 p.m. “The Jordan Brothers Barbershop Quartet,” 7 p.m.
• Thursday — Musical cake walk, 10 a.m. Pen Pals and music, 2 p.m.
• Friday — Music Bingo with “Advanced Care Transport,” 2 p.m. Teegarden Gospel Singers, 7 p.m.
• Tuesday — Resident/Co-worker scavenger hunt, 1:30 p.m.
• Wednesday — All day bingo, donkey rides, 1 p.m.
• Thursday — Co-worker mummy wrap race, 10 a.m. Special musical entertainment with Dr. Sam Boys and Sister Henrietta, 2 p.m.
• Friday — Special musical comedy act by Tonsil Klackers, 2 p.m.
• Tuesday — ‘50s and ‘60s Day, Bremen Choir, 1:30 p.m. Antique Car Show, 2 p.m. Hot dogs, chips and root beer and hula hoop contest at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday — Hawaiian Day Hawaiian Bake-Off and desserts contest, 2 p.m. Limbo Contest, 6 p.m.
Thursday: Sports Day Mr. Castle Taekwondo Demonstration, 2 p.m.
Plymouth High School Baseball Team Warm Up Practice/Ice Cream Social, 4 p.m. Soccer Ball Kicking Contest, 6 p.m.
Friday: Wild Wild West Day Square Dancing, 10:15 a.m. Smores outside, 2 p.m.