KEDO rep speaks to council
ETNA GREEN — After the Etna Green Town Council gave the pledge to the American flag, president Todd Slabaugh introduced George Robertson, executive director of the Kosciusko Economic Development Organization. Robertson stated that the organization was a resource for the town and the county as it will provide marketing material in hopes of attracting businesses that can provide good paying jobs.
He said he has already met with representatives of neighboring counties to the east and the west to work together to achieve some goals. He said he has worked in other states and has high hopes of sparking a flame to get the Midwest moving by keeping in close touch with small communities in the county.
Also addressed at the meeting:
• Salary ordinance 2010-07 (for salaries for 2011) was signed with no rate changes.
• The council will meet at 10 a.m. Dec. 22 for the End-of-the-Year meeting at the town hall meeting room.
• Damage to a header on the town truck garage Nov. 6 was discussed. The town is awaiting the repair to be done soon. The town will pay for this service.
• Councilman Jim Robbins reported the lights and fixtures for all the town buildings have arrived, and said he hopes they will all be installed by the grant deadline of Dec. 31.
• No dates have been set for road repair and sidewalk work that officials were hoping would be completed before the weather changes.
• Vice president Keith Claassen was absent from the meeting. The next council meeting will be Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. Residents are welcome to attend.