- Special Sections
MARSHALL CO. â€” The National Weather Service has issued a weather statement for Marshall County warning of the potential for heavy rainfall this weekend from the remnants of Isaac. Rainfall amounts exceeding 4 inches or more are possible. The heavy rainfall will likely lead to localized flooding especially in low lying areas and ponding on road surfaces.
Stay safe during flood conditions by remembering these safety tips:
1. Monitor the weather conditions and listen for potential warnings.
2. If flooding occurs, get to higher ground.
3. Report flooded roads to the Marshall County Sheriff's Dept or Marshall County Highway Dept.
4. Never drive through flooded roadways (REMEMBER: Turn Around Don't Drown).
5. Never drive around the barriers warning that a road is flooded.
6. Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize flood danger.
For additional information, contact the Marshall County Emergency Management Agency at 936-3740