Garage sales galore this weekend
PLYMOUTH — Several large indoor garage sales are happening this weekend in Marshall County:
• Grace Baptist Christian School multifamily garage sale will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Midwest building on Michigan Street by the Plymouth Airport. Everything from kids to adult clothing, furniture, books, toys, glassware and other great bargains will be available. Funds raised will help GBCS's missions trip to Grenada.
• St. Michael Church and School's annual HASA rummage sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday in the church basement. Saturday is fill a bag for $1 day.
Other weekend happenings include:
• Friday Jammers session at 7 p.m. Friday at the Akron Community Center. Bring your acoustic instruments and sit-in with the group or just come to listen to the third Friday Jammers. The community center is located east of Akron and north on S.R. 14. Bring a snack to share. Coffee and punch will be provided. If you have questions call Karen at 574-598-2875.
• Benefit for Austin Schoff Saturday at 5 p.m. at Phi Delta Kappa in Plymouth. Tickets are $10 each and are available pre-sale or at the door. The benefit will feature entertainment, auction, raffle, food, and more. All proceeds will benefit the Schoff family. Please contact Jeremy McVicker at 574-780-3467 for more information.
• The Bremen Masonic Lodge 414's Nelson's barbecue chicken sale will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Woodie's parking lot. Both chicken halves and pork chops will be available.
• Watercolor Flowers painting class by teacher Kerri Bash at Heartland Artists Gallery in Plymouth Saturday, from 12 to 4 p.m. Learn the technique of using watercolors in a step by step process. Supplies will be provided. 936-1123 $35 and $5 supply fee.
• The One Book One Town, book discussion of Shiloh: A Novel by Shelby Foote will be at 2 p.m Sunday at the Plymouth Public Library. A reader's guide may be found on the library's website www.plymouth.lib.in.us. The discussion will be led by Anna Liechty, former English and creative writing teacher at Plymouth High School. Books are available for checkout in the computer room at the library. This discussion is open to anybody who is interested.