Free flu shots available
Free flu shot vouchers available
Northwest Indiana – Northwest Indiana Community Action Corporation is distributing free flu shot vouchers thanks to a partnership with the American Lung Association and the Indiana State Department of Health.
The CDC states on their website that “while influenza outbreaks can happen as early as October, most of the time influenza activity peaks in January or later.”
Protect yourself and the ones you love with a vaccination against the three influenza viruses that research indicates will be the most common during the upcoming season. Vouchers are available to anyone, regardless of age, insurance or income, on a first come, first serve basis while supplies last or until Feb. 18. Flu shot vouchers can be redeemed at Walgreens or Fagan Pharmacies.
To obtain free flu shot vouchers or for more information, contact NWI 2-1-1 by calling the following numbers Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• e-mail requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Flu shot vouchers available to anyone who calls to obtain them
• Flu shot vouchers expire March 31.
• Ages 14 and over can receive a flu shot at any Walgreens pharmacy
that offers flu shots
• Less than 14 years of age will need to go to a Walgreens “Take Care
Clinic” for shots to be administered by a registered nurse. Closest take care clinic is located in Lansing, Ill. (Illinois is within the American Lung Association's service area).
• Fagan Pharmacy flu shots are for 18 years of age and over.
For further information contact: Becky Ruiz-Harbinson
Call 2-1-1 or 219-794-1829 ext. 2114 email@example.com