Fourth of July events plentiful
MARSHALL COUNTY — 4th of July weekend is shaping up to be eventful with a myriad of activities for the family. Make your plans from some of these events in our area:
• BREMEN: The Bremen Firemen’s Festival will begin on July 2 at Sunnyside Park and continue to July 6. With its handful of carnival rides, food, and fireworks to fill the days. The highlights of the festival will open with the parade at 6:30 p.m on July 2. July 3 will be Pay-One-Price Night: Ride Any Ride As Often As You Like. The 4th features the fireworks display at 10:30 p.m. The 5th will have Free Child Identification & Fingerprinting at 6 p.m. “Family Bargain Day” will be on July 6 with all rides taking one ticket. The Firemen’s Food Tent will be open throughout the festival.
• NAPPANEE: Stauffer Park will be jam packed with activities for the 4th of July with food vendors available all day. The day begins with the Big Cup Golf Tournament at McCormick Creek Golf Course and the Junior Olympics at 8 a.m. There will be a Youth Triathlon for ages 9-13 with preregistration required followed by face painting and bake sale from the NWHS Cheerleaders beginning at 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. The parade begins at 11 a.m. from City Hall to the park. There will be a free swim at the city pool from noon - 4 p.m. The Nappanee Fire Department will sponsor a Waterball Contest, at 1 p.m. A Tailgate Toss Tournament begins at 2 with preregistration at the Legion or the day of from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Registration for talented individuals begin at 11:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. at the stage for Donnie Auto Sales’ “Nappanee’s Got Talent” at 3 p.m. Included in the day will be a Digital Scavenger Hunt for teams of up to 5 people with a camera at 5:45. For more information on the scavenger hunt contact Rocki Stillson at 574-253-2869 or at www.facebook.com/TheNappTownHuntDown. The night will wind down with entertainment on the stage from 6 p.m. to dark and end with fireworks beginning around 10 p.m.
• CULVER: The Lake Patrol golf outing, hog roast will be on July 5. Sponsored by the Lake Maxinkuckee Association, the Lake Patrol Golf outing is at Mystic Hills Golf Club with range balls available at 1:30 and Florida scramble at 2. The hog roast and auction is at 6 p.m. with a cash bar. Dinner will be at 7. Children eat free with ticket adults. Tickets are $25 per adult and are entered in a drawing to win a $500 grand prize, ticket holder does not need to be present to win.
• PLYMOUTH: The Plymouth Moose Lodge offers a buffet dinner from 5:30 - 7 p.m. July 5. The menu includes beef tips and noodles, salmon patties, and fish.
• LAKE OF THE WOODS: July 6, the Lake of the Woods Property Owners Association will be sponsoring a flotilla “Let Freedom Ring” at 7 p.m. Decorate your float and meet at the sandbar.
• PLYMOUTH: If golf is your game, Swan Lake Resort has the Inaugural Patriot Golf Day Outing on July 6. Register as an individual or in a foursome. Cost is $100 per player. The 18-hole outing benefits the Folds of Honor Foundation. There will also be raffles and a silent auction with a color guard ceremony and special tribute to veterans. Call the Pro Shop for more information at 574-936-9098.