Culver goings-on this weekend (Feb. 10-13)
Among special events on tap in Culver over the next four days:
- The Union Township 4-H will sponsor a chicken noodle dinner Thursday, February 10 from 4 to 7 p.m. (prior to the Culver vs. Argos “bell” game) at the Culver Community High School cafeteria. Cost will be $6 for adults and $4 for children aged 6 to 12. Under 6 eat free. Proceeds will benefit the Union Township 4-H.
- Culver Academies historian Bob Hartman will present, “Tripping the Light Fantastic,” starting at 7 p.m., Thursday, February 10, at the Culver Academies Museum & Gift Shop, located at 102 South Main Street in downtown Culver. A trip back to the golden age of Culver Academy’s dances will be showcased via the program, which coincides with an exhibit showcasing the artful and historic “dance cards” of Culver’s past. The museum may be reached at 574-842-8842, or online via www.culver.org/museum.
- There will be a free Culver Lions Club Informational Breakfast this Saturday, February 12, at 9 a.m. at the depot-railroad station. Come learn about Culver Lions. RSVP to Pat at 574-842-3690; Susan at 574-542-2441; or Barbara at 574-842-2173. Breakfast will be prepared by Dan Adams and Mike Overmyer.
- Adult basketball continues from 1-3 p.m., at the Culver Middle School Gym Sundays, through March 6. This is for adults, in the local community/school district. Please bring your good sportsmanship and please do not bring your children. Cost to play (for insurance) is $2 per Sunday. Call Ken VanDePutte, 574-274-9942.
- Due to the resignation of a school board member, Culver Community Schools Corporation is seeking applicants to be considered by the remainder of the board to serve as a replacement. The applicant must reside within the boundaries of Culver Community Schools Corp. Interested individuals should address a letter by Thursday, Feb. 10, to superintendent Brad Schuldt or board president, Gene Baker to the following address: Culver Community School Corp., 700 School St., P.O. Box #231, Culver, IN. Call 574-842-3364 for more information.