Argos spring musical is this weekend
The Argos High School choral department will be presenting "Fiddler on the Roof" this Friday and Saturday, April 13, 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the Argos High School auditorium. All seats are $5 and available at the door or at the high school office prior to the performance.
Other area weekend events include:
SATURDAY, APRIL 14
• The Arts Council of Marshall County April meeting is at 10 a.m. at Heartland Artists, 103 W. LaPorte St., Plymouth. All interested parties are invited to attend and help plan the council's show at the Yellow River Festival.
• The Morris Cemetery Association will meet at 2 p.m. at the Morris Cemetery, adjacent to the Family Bible Fellowship Church, U.S. 6 between LaPaz and Walkerton.
• Triton School Corporation will be hosting a free electronic recycling day from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Triton Jr.-Sr. High School parking lot. Computer devices and many household items will be accepted. All batteries must be removed from cordless and rechargeable items; batteries, curling irons, refrigerators, dishwashers, and stoves will not be accepted. For more information please call 574-342-6505 ext. 367.
• Youth Leadership Marshall County is holding a community service fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m at Oliver Ford, 1001 E. Jefferson St., Plymouth. Events include a car wash for $5; bake sale, all items marked $5; and food: Log House Restaurant pulled pork for $5, Zentis jam for $5, and water for $1. All proceeds go the Marshall County Humane Society and the Heminger House.
• SACS & Co. will be at the Bourbon Public Library to host a laundry soap making class. Their ingredients are all-natural and eco-friendly. The cost is $7/person and you will leave with enough soap to wash several loads of laundry. Please RSVP to the library so that we know how many people to expect.
• Red Hat Society/Angels in Red Wizard of Oz benefit lunch will be at Christos' Banquet Center, Plymouth. Doors open at 10:30 a.m., lunch begins at 12 p.m. There will be vendors, 50/50, and door prizes. Tickets are $35. Please contact Janice Joan Davis/Angels in Red, at 574-772-7333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Farmers Mutual Insurance Company will hold its annual meeting at 10 a.m. at the company office located at 440 E. Jefferson St., Plymouth.
• The Indiana Gourd Society annual show is at the Hancock County 4-H Fairgrounds, 620 N. Apple St., Greenfield. Workshops and classes will be held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $6 per adult for a weekend pass. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
SUNDAY, APRIL 15
• Missionaries Gary and Pauline Carlson will present a special service at the Donaldson Evangelical Covenant Church. They will be sharing about their work in Japan since 1983 including church planting, education, evangelism and outreach. The worship service begins at 10 a.m with potluck to follow.
Everyone is invited. The church is located at the corner of U.S. 30 and Union Road, Donaldson.
• Wesley United Methodist Church, Culver is hosting an afternoon of entertainment with Wesley's Got Talent Sunday at 2 p.m. The public is invited to this show which includes music, comedy, drama, dance, and magic.
• John Gouwens, organist at Culver Academies, will give a recital at 4 p.m. at the Culver Memorial Chapel on the campus of The Culver Academies.
• The Manchester Civic Band will play at the Community Presbyterian Church, 530 Jefferson St., Rochester, at 4 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend. There is no charge but donations are welcome. Refreshments will be served following the concert.
• ABATE of Marshall County is holding its 36th annual Spring Fever Motorcycle Swap Meet Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the National Guard Armory on West Madison Street, Plymouth. There will be all sorts of accessories, bake sale items, and yummy treats. Everyone is welcome. For more information, please contact Marshall County Representatives Dan Carr, 574-302-3685 or Brian Stutler, 574-935-0885. Proceeds support motorcyclists' safety and advocacy.