Area Memorial Day activities planned
• The Argos American Legion post will be hosting Memorial Day services beginning at 10 a.m. Events include a parade, ceremonies at Memorial Park and Maple Grove Cemetery. The public is invited to lunch at the legion post following the ceremonies at Memorial Park.
• Bremen VFW Post #8972 and American Legion #191 will host its annual Memorial Day services Monday, May 28 beginning at 10:30 a.m. when flowers will be cast into the river to remember fallen comrades from the bridge on Center Street. Immediately following will be a traditional ceremony at the Bremen Cemetery.
• Culver Academies Gold Star Ceremony will be Monday, May 28 at 11 a.m. at Memorial Chapel on the campus of Culver Academies. It will be a commemoration of those who gave their lives in defense of America. Culver’s traditional ceremony includes a solemn roll call of each of the 250 Culver men who died while serving their country in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and the Global War on Terrorism. Featured speaker is Naval Vice Admiral (Retired) Michael “Mike” Bucci. Three generations of the Wilkinson family will be involved with 21-gun salute.
• Culver's VFW Post 6919 will hold Memorial Day ceremonies at the Culver Masonic Cemetery beginning at 11 a.m.
• Plymouth Am. Legion, VFW: 10 a.m. at courthouse place wreaths, go to Yellow River at 10:30, cemetery ceremony at 11 a.m. with guest speaker, Mayor Mark Senter.